First, Melanie thought she would help with the paddling, so she would lean way over the canoe and paddle with her little plastic shovel. It made my job much easier. You might think that looks dangerous for her to be leaned over the canoe so far. You would be wrong, and I'll thank you to keep your nose out of my personal affairs.

While she was paddling, we saw a bird. So, we were trying to decide if it was an eagle or not, and we heard a splash. Melanie had dived head first into the river!!! Brittany (with cat-like reflexes) grabbed her by the ankles and hauled her back into the canoe, where she was pretty mad at us for a little while. You would think she would be grateful that we just saved her life and all (and by we, I mean Brittany), but instead she was mad we wouldn't let her get back in the water. Ingrate.

While Brittany was plucking her from the river, she dropped her paddle. Reuben and Melanie (not the baby) went back to look for it, so I played in the river and caught a baby turtle. Melanie (the baby) had never seen one before, so she decided that just to be safe she had better hit her head against it a few times. You never know.

Melanie had fun playing in the river, she spent a lot of time trying to throw all the sand from the beach into the river.

She even took a nap in the canoe, cuddling with her sheep like she always does.

And lastly, a family picture on the Wisconsin river.
6 comments:
Since I am keeping my nose out of your personal affairs I will not tell you to be sure to watch that baby in the water.(It seems that her Mama does a good job though which I appreciate). It looks like you had such a blast and I'm glad you got another trip with Rueben and Melanie.
I forgot to say how cute the braids are in the turtle picture.
That is the funniest post ever! We were LOLing. We want to come out there and play in the river. It looks too fun.
yeah, that would be sweet, but who is this?
First of all, I really wish we could've done this canoe trip with you guys before you moved...maybe you could consider sticking around in Iowa a little longer? It looks like a lot of fun. Thats awesome that you caught a turtle, and Melanie looks cute as ever.
That is a great way to end the river trips, at least for now. That little girl is a water girl, I can imagine she wanted to go swimming.
Post a Comment