Supposedly, this stone house was built by a polygamist guy for one of his wives. He took her there and left her and when she tracked him down in Paria she poisoned him. Way to go girl.Sunday, September 18, 2011
ATV club adventure
Yes, we are joiners and we joined the local ATV club. We had our first ride Saturday and we had a blast. We met a lot of nice people and saw the most beautiful scenery we have ever seen. We went to the Vermillion Cliffs and Paria Canyon. There were 13 machines, 19 people and 3 dogs along for the trip (no, Garth wasn't one of them because he would have been too hot).
There were quite a few speculations on how these formations came about. One was that there was a water hole and sediment filled it that was harder than the sandstone so when the sandstone washed away these were left.
Supposedly, this stone house was built by a polygamist guy for one of his wives. He took her there and left her and when she tracked him down in Paria she poisoned him. Way to go girl.
Supposedly, this stone house was built by a polygamist guy for one of his wives. He took her there and left her and when she tracked him down in Paria she poisoned him. Way to go girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
It's non-stop fun in good ol' Kanab! Looks like a blast!
That looks so fun. I love how involved you all are. It makes me happy to see you out adventuring.
Wow, I would love to see that place! Sounds like a pretty awesome club to be a part of.
That looks really cool, I'm jealous. You guys will have to make sure you remember how to get to all these places, so you can show us around when we are out there.
You guys are always discovering new and fun fun places to explore! Awesome! (Lisa Mills)
Oh, I know my Dad (Uncle Garry) would have loved this trip! You took great pictures. I thought of you guys as I drove through Kanab over the weekend. Driving from Page to St George.
Post a Comment