On February 1st, Kelly and I, and a couple of Kelly's friends from SLC, and an old climbing buddy from Elko hit the ice in Ouray Colorado. It was a fantastic trip. We rented a cabin, and ate like a small army so we weren't really suffering all that much.
This is Kelly on the top half of a beautiful climb on Friday, Feb. 3rd. This route is about 100 feet tall, and as you can see, it is steep. When I climbed it, it was all I could do to top out, not sure I have ever been so tired in my life, and it was the hardest ice line I have climbed. GREAT FUN!!!!!!
If you notice the bare rock wall on Kelly's right, that is the rock wall he is climbing in a picture on the next post. Climb up about 50 feet of ice, then about 40 feet of rock, that is steeper than vertical, the get out of the ice at the top. He likes it. The is one a lot harder he wants to climb next year.
This is Kelly on a climb on Thursday, Feb. 2nd.
I have some more pictures on the following post.
2 comments:
You boys are crazy! Glad you had fun and that everyone was safe...it does look pretty amazing.
I'm so jealous, that looks awesome. One of these years I will join you.
Post a Comment