Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jamestown, Colombia, San Francisco, Big Trees

For our early anniversary trip we decided to go to Jamestown and see the houses we lived in and also how the mine reclamation looked. It has been 20 years since we left and things do change. There are two businesses on the road before our house and we talked to a guy that said that Buchard Gardens bought all the surrounding land and plans to build a garden like the one in Canada. That is if they can get through the red tape involved.
The first house we lived in was torn down and they had a gate and no trespassing signs so we couldn't get pictures of the horse stalls and arena. This house looked pretty good though.





 This is table top and sure did bring back some good memories of the horses.
 This is where the mine was and I was pretty disappointed that it didn't look better. I really thought that after 20 years it wouldn't look like a mine (nothing against mines).
 The pond where many frogs were caught and where Missy loved to swim.
 Columbia State Park was a huge favorite and hadn't changed at all.
 The kids used to love to climb on these rocks.

 I could picture Scott with his fiddle. Lots of good memories.
 I just thought this sticker was pretty funny.
 Windmills on the way to San Francisco.
 This was taken on the way down Lombard St. The windiest st. in the world.
 I like this building in downtown San Francisco.
 Big Trees State Park
 This tree fell over many years ago and this shows how huge the root system was.

 Fun, fun trip.


2 comments:

Mills Family said...

Oh, this is such a cool post! I loved looking throuh all the pictures. You and Kathy look great and what a great time you had too! Those trees are huge! My dad would love that!

The Frandsens said...

That's awesome you guys went back there. I have such great memories of that place. Looks like a great trip!