Wednesday, August 10, 2005
New Job
Hey everyone, just thought I would let you know I am now officially a working woman. I just started my training/job shadowing yesterday. I am working as an on call mental health counselor. (I don't know why they think I am qualified for that, but whatever.) I will be working with kids 4-18 who come to stay in this solitary room. Its a little crazy, there are video cameras everywhere and we are being watched by the big people downstairs incase anything goes wrong. The kids that come here are either in between foster homes, or their parents are abusive and they need to be in a foster home. We are given money and are supposed to take them out to do normal things (Go to parks, movies, shopping, etc.) while they are waiting for a new place to live. So I think it will be a really cool job after I get used to everything. Anyway, I'll let you all know how everything goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kristen, congratulations, that is awesome. That sounds like a really cool job. Are you going to be taking groups of kids out, and there won't be any boys that you take out, will there?
Krissy, way to go on the whole job thing. It sounds like a great way to get some free food, movies, etc! J/K. You will do good at that kind of work. Maybe you can take Lucy with you - you know, as a sort of therapy dog! Let us know when you start
Kristen you will do a great job and it will really let you see if that's the field that you're interested in.
Post a Comment